The Charlton, MA Homes For Sale Market ReportOn to Charlton, where we see the real estate market has improved to a record according to the HSI, which checks in at 73.
The story in Charlton is one of falling inventory. Charlton was one town that did very well this fall, and a number of homes are in pending, which will probably make the next report look better than this one. This one shows actives dropping, but it's not the seasonal withdrawal of homes that we see this time of year - it's that the buyers liked what they found in Charlton. Home Sales are up even over the spring and summer reports - a tough feat we haven't seen in many towns.
Interestingly, $/sq foot actually fell in this report - by quite a bit - meaning that the increased sales came at a price. Home Sellers made adjustments to the market and found that sweet spot where home buyers from all over saw value. With the inventory levels cleared out, it'll be interesting to see if we see a rebound in home prices this spring.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!Still way too much bank impacted inventory in Charlton, with over 25% of the market now impacted by lenders (banks). Most are short-sales, we'll see if home buyers keep moving those off the market. But they aren't helping home prices or liquidity.
Charlton, MA Houses For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - Raw MLS Data
|Home Sellers cut prices, and|
buyers responded, making
Charlton one of the best
Fall Markets in Metrowest
- There are 57 homes listed as For Sale in Charlton, MA.
- There have been 60 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 31 homes sold in the last 3 months.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 150 days for just SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 227 days of the homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid in Dollars per Square Foot averaged $131 (vs. $138)
- There was an Average Sold Price of $219,063 for sold homes.
- Charlton, MA has 4 properties (vs. 6 in the last report) advertised as lender owned/foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- Charlton, MA has 11 properties (vs. 11) advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by lender .
- Charlton, MA “Home Seller Index” (HSI):73 Last Report:70
*All statistics are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS.
Let Me Show you the Workings of Real Estate!You could use any old Realtor to find or sell your next home. So why should you choose me? Because I’ll give you cold cash if you don’t think I’m worth it. You can read the details of my Customer Satisfaction Guarantee Here
Read my Explanation for Massachusetts Home Data Reports.