The Hopkinton Homes For Sale Market Report
Hopkinton sure has been tough on buyers. With only one month where my Home Seller Index was under 90 (it hit 88 in May), buyers have had to move fast - or get left with what else is out there.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competiton!
You see that yellow line down there? The one that keeps going up? It can't go up forever - not while the green line continues to go down at the same time. When yellow is up and green is down, that means price pressures exist in the town. Here on the blog, to keep things simple, I have all that boiled down to the Home Seller Index, where any number above 90 means there is at least some pressure, and numbers at 110 or more mean any sustained activity at that level will push prices up.
Hopkinton is back at the top with a 121 HSI, and we do see evidence that prices are moving up - as it has a new high (since I've been tracking) of $190/sq foot. With minimal bank inventory - and very little for sale - expect prices to stay in this area, and go up next spring, assuming the economy continues to improve and rates stay low, as expected.
Hopkinton Houses For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - Raw MLS Data
|Higher Prices haven't scared away|
buyers in Hopkinton.
- There are 66 homes listed as For Sale.
- There have been 159 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 86 homes sold in the last 3 months.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 100 days for just SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 175 days of the homes For Sale.
- The Dollars paid per Square Foot in Hopkinton is $190 (vs. $187 )
- There was an Average Sold Price of $583,422 for sold homes.
- Hopkinton has 0 properties advertised as lender owned/foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- Hopkinton has 2 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by lender .
- Hopkinton “Hot Seller Index” (HSI): 121 Last Report: 110
*All statistics are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS.
Find Your Next HomeYou could use any old Realtor to find or sell your next home. So why should you choose me? Because I’ll give you cold cash if you don’t think I’m worth it. You can read the details of my Customer Satisfaction Guarantee Here
Read my Explanation for Massachusetts Home Data Reports.