The Charlton Homes For Sale Market Report
Charlton is seeing a good seasonal bump from all the August closings, and (so far) a tepid fall market with lower inventories. There's not much change here, but there's a little. If there was less new construction, the market might even look a little tighter, but the rising $/sq foot numbers (now at $138) tell us that the market is definitely improving. Charlton is up 15% or so off the lows by this metric, (although the average sale prices haven't moved appreciably).
Very high percentage of bank impacted inventory. With 17 out of 83 homes, that's about 19% of the market. Too high, and shows that sellers are more optimistic, but there's still a lot of unresolved debt out there in the marketplace.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competiton!All that debt adds markettime to properties, and makes it harder for the market to find true equilibrium - and also keeps a lid on prices.
Charlton Houses For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - Raw MLS Data
- There are 83 homes (vs. 93 in the last home sales report) listed as For Sale.
- There have been 61 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 37 homes sold in the last 3 months.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 148 days for just SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 176 days of the homes For Sale.
- The Dollars paid per Square Foot in Charlton is $138 (vs. $131 )
- There was an Average Sold Price of $237,683 for sold homes.
- Charlton has 6 properties (vs. 5) advertised as lender owned/foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- Charlton has 11 properties (vs. 5) advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by lender .
- Charlton “Hot Seller Index” (HSI): 70 Last Report: 66
*All statistics are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS.
Find Your Next HomeYou could use any old realtor to find or sell your next home. So why should you choose me? Because I’ll give you cold cash if you don’t think I’m worth it. You can read the details of my Customer Satisfaction Guarantee Here
Read my Explanation for Massachusetts Home Data Reports.