The Shrewsbury Homes For Sale Market Report
Another strong report for Metrowest home sellers. Unlike past springs, we've really seen strong numbers across the whole region, as buyers are pushing west, north, south to both find selection and values that they embrace. Shrewsbury continues that trend. Shrewsbury had enjoyed a good run early when the market turned, but lately had moderated slightly over the past year, and bordered on slumping. As shown in the chart below, numbers in the 70's are not exactly great markets for sellers.
Can't see the chart? Click here.
But the buyers returned this spring, and bought a great many homes in the late spring. The HSI only jumped to 90, which is good, but not great, so I'm not surprised to see that prices really didn't move much - typically, we've seen that only occur for sustained housing demand in this market - but this is certainly not pointing to an easy fall for buyers. Easier, perhaps, than some other markets, but not easy. In fact, the number of homes in pending could easily see the market tighten further - if sellers don't come this fall.
Shrewsbury Real Estate For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - Raw MLS Data
- There are 173 homes listed as For Sale.
- There have been 213 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 139 homes sold in the last 3 months.
- There was an Average Market Time of 114 days for just SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 153 days of the homes For Sale.
- The Dollars paid per Square Foot in Shrewsbury, MA is $171 (vs. $168)
- There was an Average Sold Price of $381,243 for sold homes.
- Shrewsbury has 5 properties (vs. 5) advertised as lender owned/foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- Shrewsbury has 17 properties (vs. 14) advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by lender .
- Shrewsbury “Hot Seller Index” (HSI): 90 Last Report: 77
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competiton!
*All statistics are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS.
Find Your Next HomeYou could use any old realtor to find or sell your next home. So why should you choose me? Because I’ll give you cold cash if you don’t think I’m worth it. You can read the details of my Customer Satisfaction Guarantee Here
Read my Explanation for Massachusetts Home Data Reports.