Overview of the Shrewsbury Housing Market
The Home Seller's Index moved up just one to 77 - but all the metrics are trending positive, and the market is much more positive than it might appear for sellers. This will be apparent in the next report when the "active pendings" go through and close. Buyers should be aggressive in Shrewsbury, especially in popular price ranges if they are looking for homes that need little to no work - those will be going the quickest. Sellers should still find, even in May, that there are plenty of buyers. The spring market is not over yet.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competiton!
I'm starting to see a pattern emerge in Metrowest, as foreclosures seem to be falling, but short-sales are up. I'm not sure if this is seasonal, driven by optimistic sellers and agents, both or neither. I do think banks that are holding "underwater loans" are getting much more interested in solving that problem with short-sales, but my opinion is mostly anecdotal, as I'm not aware that there are any statistics out there that could back that up. But it's a trend watching. It's here in Shrewsbury as well, as we see foreclosures down, but short-sales up.
Shrewsbury, MA Real Estate For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - Raw MLS Data
|This picture has nothing to do with the Shrewsbury|
Housing Market. But it relaxes me.
- There are 191 homes (vs. 140 in the Shrewsbury Homes for Sale Report) listed as For Sale.
- There have been 159 houses sold (vs. 149) in the last 6 months, and 98 homes sold (vs. 78) in the last 3 months.
- There was an Average Market Time of 128 days (vs. 149) for just SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 137 days of the homes For Sale.
- The Dollars paid per Square Foot in Shrewsbury is $168 (vs. $167 )
- There was an Average Sold Price of $378,103 for sold homes.
- Shrewsbury, MA has 5 properties (vs. 3) advertised as lender owned/foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- Shrewsbury, MA has 14 properties (vs. 11) advertised as a shortsale is going to be needed by lender .
- Shrewsbury “Hot Seller Index” (HSI): 77 Last Report: 76
*All statistics are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS.
Find Your Next HomeYou could use any old realtor to find or sell your next home. So why should you choose me? Because I’ll give you cold cash if you don’t think I’m worth it. You can read the details of my Customer Satisfaction Guarantee Here
Read my Explanation for Massachusetts Home Data Reports.