Upton Housing Market Statistics OverviewSellers are way ahead of buyers in Upton. With 16 (30% of the market) having listed in just the last 30 days, there's a surge in inventory. Sales haven't kept pace - yet - and so we see a pretty disappointing HSI in Upton in this report: 62. In some of the other towns, this rise in inventory has been offset by coming sales, with Sudbury and Southborough, both further East, showing some strong demand and quick sales. That's much more muted in Upton, which typically can take a little longer to heat up for sellers. We know what that means, Buyers, try Upton! It's a small town, but it might have the right house for you. With all these sellers, and not much competition, it could be the right place to buy now.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competiton!
Some might ask: 16 new homes for sale in a month? Is this the dreaded "Shadow Inventory?" coming to Upton? Once again, the answer is no. We see no change in the bank-impacted inventory, with just three homes either a foreclosure or short-sale. As a percentage, that's still too much for my liking (6%) but it's better than much higher numbers, and the foreclosure rate (2%) is within norms.
Upton, MA Housing Market Statistics - Raw MLS Data
|Upton is being passed over by Home Buyers,|
which mean it may be a good time to see what's there.
- There are 53 homes (vs. 31 in the last Upton Real Estate Report) listed as For Sale.
- There have been 27 houses sold (vs. 41) in the last 6 months, and 13 homes sold (vs. 16) in the last 3 months.
- There was an Average Market Time of 127 days for just SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 160 days of the homes For Sale.
- The Dollars paid per Square Foot in Upton, MA is $144 (vs. $155)
- There was an Average Sold Price of $314,722 for sold homes.
- Upton has 1 properties (vs. 1) advertised as lender owned/foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- Upton has 2 properties (vs. 2) advertised as short sales required by lender .
- Upton “Hot Seller Index” (HSI): 62 Last Report: 80
*All statistics are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS.
Find Your Next HomeYou could use any old realtor to find or sell your next home. So why should you choose me? Because I’ll give you cold cash if you don’t think I’m worth it. You can read the details of my Customer Satisfaction Guarantee Here
Read my Explanation for Massachusetts Home Data Reports.