Shrewsbury, MA Housing Market Statistics Overview
As we've seen in many other towns, lack of inventory is strangling the market in Shrewsbury. Transactions are falling quickly, but with only 140 properties on the market, transaction volume has little choice but to retreat.
Having said that, there does appear to be a little weakness in the Shrewsbury Market that is not related to the transaction volume. $/sq foot is down, average sold price down a bit, so things are looking a little on the bleaker side at the moment. The 149 days is just around a neutral market, but where we're used to seeing Shrewsbury as one of the better markets, it's falling back to the middle of the pack.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competiton!
The bank impacted inventory is a wash in this report. Foreclosures are down by one home, and short-sales are up by one home, so not much to report on that front. Foreclosures represent just 2% of inventory, but overall bank impacts are at 10%.
Shrewsbury, MA Housing Market Statistics - Raw MLS Data
|It's not the snow that's keeping buyers away|
in the Shrewsbury Single Family Home Market
- There are 140 homes (vs. 151 in the last Shrewsbury Real Estate Transaction Report) listed as For Sale.
- There have been 149 houses sold (vs. 187) in the last 6 months, and 78 homes sold (vs. 94) in the last 3 months.
- There was an Average Market Time of 149 days for just SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 171 days of the homes For Sale.
- The Dollars paid per Square Foot in Shrewsbury, MA is $167 (vs. ) $175
- There was an Average Sold Price of $393,839 for sold homes.
- Shrewsbury, MA has 3 properties (vs. 4) advertised as lender owned/foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- Shrewsbury, MA has 11 properties (vs. 10) advertised as short sales required by lender .
- Shrewsbury, MA “Hot Seller Index” (HSI): 76 Last Report: 81
*All statistics are for Single Family Houses in Shrewsbury, MA and based on data in MLS.
Find Your Next HomeYou could use any old realtor to find or sell your next home. So why should you choose me? Because I’ll give you cold cash if you don’t think I’m worth it. You can read the details of my Customer Satisfaction Guarantee Here
Read my Explanation for Massachusetts Home Data Reports.
Matt's Top Read Real Estate Posts
- How do I know if my Septic System is Failing
- When Sellers Pay Closing Costs: Who Really Pays?
- Buyers Next Steps after Signing an Offer
- Home Buyer or Seller Quick Reference: Financing, Home Inspections, Economy and Strategy
Do Good Things Today!
*All information is posted in good faith and is assumed to be reliable, but may rely on third party information sources.