The Holliston Homes For Sale Market ReportThe Holliston market couldn't be looking any better for sellers. But if that's the case, what's up with the sharp drop in the HSI? Let's look:
Yikes. That looks ugly. But it was at fairly silly high (249) and has just sort come back to a "pretty good" market at 123. But things are still tight, and buyers like what they see. How do I know? Well prices are up 5% over the last report, so that's how I know. And sellers are still feeling pretty optimisic, as they are asking for another 7% on top of that currently.
What does that mean? Well, it looks to me like the pace of prices is going to moderate. We're starting to see an inventory build (the main reason the numbers are coming down on the HSI), and that will start to take the pressure off. Perhaps some level-pricing over the next 6 months or so.
What should active home buyers do in Holliston?Be cautious! Prices are moving very aggressively, and it may be wise to widen your search area to make sure the trade off is still rational. Things are probably going to get easier than they have been, although prices are higher now.
What should potential home sellers do in Holliston?Might be a good time to sell if you're thinking that way. I'm not sure that prices are going to be up 5% next year. Odds are, probably not.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
Holliston Houses For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - Raw MLS Data
- Holliston‘s “Home Seller Index” (HSI): 123 Last Report: 181
- There are 57 homes listed as For Sale.
- There have been 114 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 77 homes sold in the last 3 months in Holliston.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 86 days for just SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 88 days of theHolliston homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid in Dollars per Square Foot averaged $210 (vs. $200 )
- Current sellers are looking for $225/sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $511,259 for sold homes.
- Holliston,MA, has 0 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 3 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
*All statistics are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends. (That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!).