The Natick Homes For Sale Market ReportThe bellweather report is here! Natick is here! What for say you, Natick!
What is that? An HSI below 200? Oh, no, the sky is falling in Natick!! The sky is falling! Or is it? Let's see.
Hmmm. Well, overall, the report is still really good. An HSI of 188 is nothing to sneeze at. Sales are over 3x actives, but the actives have come up. We've seen this in other towns, but small changes in the actives can make big changes in the HSI, as the ratios become more normallized. So What is happening? It was a good summer right?
Yes, it was, but with prices at $268/sq foot, I think a lot of buyers are starting to "give up" on Natick - and are looking further West. That explains the rising demand in Framingham and Holliston, for example, and I think Ashland's report was very good too. But overall, we are seeing demand lessen, or more importantly, more sellers are hitting the market. Either way, the supply demand curve is getting back to normal.
What should active home buyers do in Natick?I'm going to take Natick off my "don't shop here" list. The prices are still really high, but at least they will be getting more rational, and competitive bids won't be over properties with location and condition issues. There will still be homes that sell in competitive bid situations, but you won't be competing against 5 and 6 bidders very often.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
What should potential home sellers do in Natick?Be more cautious! Make sure you home is ready. Buyers are making decisions quickly, so if you aren't priced right, you may hang around for a bit. Home sellers need to do more thinking, because putting a sign on your lawn is no longer good enough. The market is still covering many mistakes, but it may not much longer.
Natick Houses For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - Raw MLS Data
- Natick‘s “Home Seller Index” (HSI): 188 Last Report: 210
- There are 72 homes listed as For Sale.
OK, the sky isn't falling in Natick - Home prices aren't
either. But it's no longer the crazy town
we've come to expect.
- There have been 268 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 152 homes sold in the last 3 months in Natick.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 49 days for just SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 81 days of theNatick homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid in Dollars per Square Foot averaged $268 (vs. $265 )
- Current sellers are looking for $275 /sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $578,005 for sold homes.
- Natick,MA, has 0 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 0 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
*All statistics are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends. (That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!).