The Upton Homes For Sale Market ReportChecking in to Upton, we see that Upton, like lots of places, is seeing an increase in inventory over last year. Unlike a lot of places, Upton really hasn't see the price appreciation that other places have. Translation: There are still good deals in Upton, but you need to be very careful! Why? Well it has to do with the metric I've been collecting over the past months. We'll get to that in the second chart.
What should active home buyers do in Upton ?If you look at the chart below, $/sq foot has remained steady at about $170/sq foot. But the red line shows what the average seller is expecting - and that has risen sharply. Basically, looking at the two charts, we see that buyers have been smart about purchasing the value properties, while the more expensive properties have not sold. This doesn't mean every house on the market is too high - but it suggests that many of them are too high in price - and that buyers choosing "best available" could be paying a premium over buyers in the recent past. It's worth noting that the gap between expectations and sale prices is among the highest I've seen in the short time I've been collecting the metric.
What should potential home sellers do in Upton ?Many sellers are too high right now, but buyers are moving on properties priced fairly. Don't reach for a price, and you'll be rewarded with a short sales cycle (just 55 days in Upton) as buyers remain motivated.
Upton Houses For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - Raw MLS Data
- Upton ‘s “Home Seller Index” (HSI): 91 Last Report: 100
- There are 36 homes listed as For Sale.
- There have been 62 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 28 homes sold in the last 3 months in Upton.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 55 days for just SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 163 days of the Upton homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid in Dollars per Square Foot averaged $169 (vs. $170)
- Current sellers are looking for $196 /sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $385,291 for sold homes.
- Upton, MA, has 3 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 1 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
*All statistics are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends. (That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!).
Realtor Matt's Top Read Real Estate Posts
- Home Buyer or Seller Quick Reference: Financing, Home Inspections, Economy and Strategy
- Looking for a condo? Check out my Interactive map!!
- How do I know if my Septic System is Failing
- How do I negotiate with Sellers To Pay Closing Costs
- Matt Heisler Home Purchase Guarantee
Read my Explanation for Massachusetts Home Data Reports.