The Clinton Homes For Sale Market ReportJust when you think you've got a pretty good read on things, I'll do a report on an outlier. Clinton, it's your time to shine:
Clinton has all sorts of good stuff here. First off, there's a big jump in the HSI, to a record, at 125. This happened because of a frenetic late spring of home buyers buying, as we see transactions up, time on market down, and prices make a big jump. Prices jumped so much, that the homes that are still for sale in clinton are actually being marketed UNDER the existing sales number. Haven't seen that before!!
What does it all mean? Well it means that Clinton - long overdue for a run - has finally been discovered by buyers looking for good deals. They are finding them in Clinton, and are purchasing accordingly. When you see a sharp rise in prices, and a big jump in the HSI, it's not a co-incidence. Value is there. Or was! Clinton was off the lows, but really has moved very little since we've been doing these reports, but now the recovery is well on the way.
What should active home buyers do in Clinton?Well, you need to be more careful now. The fact that prices are moving up so quickly means that some buyers are getting in front of the way and paying a bit too much. There's not much risk in that at this stage of Clinton's recovery - prices are sure to go higher. Maybe not a lot, maybe not fast, but down seems pretty unlikely, since the neighbors certainly aren't getting any cheaper.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
- Sign me up for Automated E-mail Alerts of New Listings in Clinton!
- Show Me Clinton, MA Homes for Sale
- Show Me Updated Clinton Home Transaction Reports and More!
- Reach me to be your Clinton MA Realtor
What should potential home sellers do in Clinton?It's not too soon to get a valuation and start thinking about 2015. As we've seen, these property runs can last a year or more, so we'll probably continue to see things move. With prices up - substantially - you might be able to take advantage of some new found equity. Buyer are still going to be condition sensitive, so getting your property just right - to get top dollar - is still important.
Clinton Houses For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - Raw MLS Data
- Clinton‘s “Home Seller Index” (HSI): 125 Last Report: 96
- There are 36 homes listed as For Sale.
- There have been 81 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 58 homes sold in the last 3 months in Clinton.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 106 days for just SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 112 days of theClinton homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid in Dollars per Square Foot averaged $148 (vs. 135)
- Current sellers are looking for $144/sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $244,994 for sold homes.
- Clinton,MA, has 2 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 2 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
*All statistics are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends. (That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!).