The Shrewsbury Homes For Sale Market ReportShrewsbury report time! Like Natick, Shrewsbury has just very, very little on right now. Still, it's got twice what Natick does. (The towns are similar in size). Still, 50+ houses is too few, and will be a drag on the transaction sale numbers going forward. How about the impact on prices? Well, we'll see.
The data on prices is a little mixed. On one hand, the HSI moved up - showing more price pressures, but on the other hand, paid prices actually went down, back to where they were two reports ago, to $192. I actually think the $197 is the outlier - that was a big move up - and prices are where they should be. But the HSI has had another effect - raising the expectations of sellers.
Current sellers are now looking for $236/ sq foot - $44/ sq foot higher than the sale prices. That means there are some very pricey homes on the market right now. Oh, and Shrewsbury has no short-sales or foreclosures on the market right now - none. The numbers continue to fall across the area.
What should active home buyers do in Shrewsbury ?As we've said elsewhere, you'll have to wait. Especially in Shrewsbury, many homes are expensive compared to recent sale prices. Does that mean they are all overvalued? No, but it does mean that many buyers who are just looking at what's available - and not what has sold - could make a decision that's not supported by current market sales. So be careful.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
What should potential home sellers do in Shrewsbury?Well, this is a great time to get out there, undercut the competition, price above last years sales, and look like a value while getting top dollar. A smart seller can have an easy go of it in this market.
Shrewsbury Houses For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - Raw MLS Data
- Shrewsbury‘s “Home Seller Index” (HSI): 167 Last Report: 157
- There are 53 homes listed as For Sale.
- There have been 183 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 92 homes sold in the last 3 months in Shrewsbury.
Yeah, we know.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 57 days for just SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 182 days of the Shrewsbury homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid in Dollars per Square Foot averaged 192 (vs. 197 in the last report)
- Current sellers are looking for $ 236 /sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $414,038 for sold homes.
- Shrewsbury,MA, has 0 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 0 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
*All statistics are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends. (That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!).